ndia China border tension: India once again prevented a unilateral attempt by China to alter the status quo after a similar move it attempted on the intervening night of August 29-30 along the Line of Actual Control (LAC).
India China border tension: India once again prevented a unilateral attempt by China to alter the status quo after a similar move it attempted on the intervening night of August 29-30 along the Line of Actual Control (LAC). Speaking on the matter, the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) said that on August 31, even as ground commanders of two sides were in discussions to de-escalate the situation, Chinese troops again engaged in provocative action. Due to timely defensive action, the Indian side was able to prevent these attempts to unilaterally alter the status quo.
“We have taken up the matter of recent provocative and aggressive actions with the Chinese side through both diplomatic and military channels and have urged them to discipline and control their frontline troops from undertaking such provocative actions,” the MEA said.
Intrusion attempt by China on August 31 | Quick Hack
- On August 31 during the daytime, Chinese troops approached three positions that India had occupied.
- Their intention was a confrontation
- There were 40 PLA troops at each location.
- India Army troops warned them to stay off.
- It was after about two hours of Indian troops warning them, PLA troops went back.
- The area was Chumar where the Chinese PLA had came from Chepuzi camp along the Line of Actual Control from the Chinese side.
- The Indian army was quick in its response and warned the Chinese PLA in the same area in Ladakh.
MEA further added, “India and China have been closely engaged through diplomatic and military channels over the past three months to resolve the situation along the India-China border.”
“The Indian side is firmly committed to resolving all outstanding issues along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in the Western Sector through peaceful dialogue,” the External Affairs ministry said in a statement.